If you think it is hard to get yourself ready in the morning you haven’t seen anything yet! In this FREE fun race we invite you to come out and test your skills at dressing a goat (yep, you read that correct-dressing a GOAT) and racin’ back across the finish line. Top prize is a beautiful custom rodeo BUCKLE just like the pros win! Come on out and experience one of the funniest events of the weekend.
We invite FAMILIES, FRIENDS, CLUBS, BUSINESSES AND ORGANIZATIONS to grab a TEAM OF 3 and come out to show us your goat dressing skills. This activity is for anyone age 12 to 99 years old, no experience necessary.
Please check back in the fall for updated 2024 information
Overview - Updated for 2023!
In teams of three, competitors will attempt to clothe a goat in summer attire, and then get their team back across the finish line before any other teams.
Five goats will be staked at one end of the arena. Five teams of three members each will be at the other end of the arena. Bags of clothes will be placed between the teams and the animals. When start is called, teams will run to their goat, with someone picking up their bag of clothes on the way. Team members will dress their goat in a t-shirt, shorts, and Cowboy hat. T-shirt must go over their head with two legs in the arms. Back two legs must go through leg holes of shorts. Once the goat/animal is dressed, members will run with their team back across the finish line. First team with their fully dressed animal and entire team back across the finish line wins!
Ranch Dressing is FREE to enter, once you have paid for parking.
This event runs from noon to 1:00pm on Saturday, March 18th.
- Minimum age of competitor – 12
- All competitors must sign a release of liability. If a minor, parent/guardian must sign the release.
- All competitors must wear closed toed shoes (such as tennis shoes) or boots. Mule type shoes or clogs that slip on will not be acceptable. Wearing of long pants or jeans is highly recommended.
- Animals must stay dressed until your team crosses the finish line. Any garment that falls off must be put back on before your team crosses the finish line to win! If clothing falls off right at the end, members are allowed to go back and re dress their goat, and then re-cross the finish line!
- Decision of judges is final. There is no video review!
- No rough handling of livestock. The limbs and body of the animal cannot in anyway be bent or maneuvered in an unnatural way.
- If the animal assigned to a team gets loose, that team is disqualified
FIVE DIVISIONS – Maximum FIVE teams in each division
- Civic groups/Non-profits/Businesses- Minimum age 12.
- MIXED – at least one member must be 12-18, at least one member must be 19 or over (third member can either be an adult, or a Youth).
- Youth 12-18– All team members must be Youth.
- Vendor/Sponsor – minimum age 12.
- Open– minimum age 12, no other restrictions!
This event runs from noon to 1:00pm on Saturday, March 18th. All team members should be present in the main covered arena and ready for action during this time. See you there!
Winner of each heat must be able to return for Championship round at the end of the event. If they are unable, they need to notify us at the time of their heat. In that case 2nd place will be given the option to return and so on… Winners of each division will be given additional instructions for the Championship Round.
- Inquiries can be made via email to email@example.com
- All teams must register at the Ranch Dressing registration booth by 11:00AM the day of competition (No pre-registration)
- Although not a factor for judging, Teams are encouraged to be creative in their team name as well as their attire!
Sign up will be held Saturday morning at Arena 1 (covered). The competition will be held in Arena 1 and the finals will be held after all teams have competed.
The appropriate waiver (Adult or Minor) is required. Waivers can be found on the Forms page.