Five goats will be held by volunteers at one end of the arena. Five teams of three members each will be at the other end of the arena. Bags of clothes will be placed between the teams and the animals. When start is called, teams will run to their goat, with someone picking up their bag of clothes on the way. Team members will need to slow down being reaching the goat. Team members will dress their goat in a T-shirt, shorts and ball cap. T-shirts will be modified with Velcro along the back so T-shirts must have both legs through the arm holes and Velcro closed. When putting the T-shirt on, there will be no need to unclip the goats! Back two legs must go through leg holes of the shorts. Once the goat is dressed, members will run back to the starting line. Goats are to remain with their handlers at all times! First team that crosses the starting line and has a fully dressed goat wins!
Ranch Dressing is FREE to enter, once you have paid for parking.
- Minimum age of competitor – 12
- All competitors must sign a release of liability. If a minor, parent/guardian must sign the release.
- All competitors must wear closed toed shoes (such as tennis shoes) or boots. Mule type shoes or clogs that slip on will not be acceptable. Wearing of long pants or jeans is highly recommended.
- Goats must be fully dressed and remain dressed until all team members cross the starting line. Goats must stay with their handlers at all times!
- Decision of judges is final. There is no video review!
- No rough handling of livestock. The limbs and body of the animal cannot in anyway be bent or maneuvered in an unnatural way.
- If the animal assigned to a team gets loose, that team is disqualified
SIX DIVISIONS – Maximum FIVE teams in each division:
- YOUTH 12-19. Approximate starting time 12:00pm
- MIXED (Family) – at least one member must be 12-18, at least one member must be 19 or over (third member can either be an adult, or a Youth) . Approximate starting time 12:10pm
- Civic groups/Non-profits/Church Groups – Minimum age 12. Approximate starting time 12:20
- OPEN – minimum age 12, no other restrictions! Approximate starting time 12:30
- Businesses – Over age 18 Approximate starting time 12:40
- Royalty Division – Open to royalty and visiting royalty. Minimum age is 12. Approximate starting time is 12:50
Finals Round! – Winners from each of the above complete for the buckles! Approximate starting time is 12:55pm
Championship Trophy Round *
PRIZES: Winner of the Championship round will win a Roots N’ Boots Queen Creek Ranch Dressing Champion Trophy!! This year our trophy prize is a custom Roots N’ Boots Ranch Dressing buckle for each winning team member!
the winning teams from each division will advance to the Championship Round to be held at the end of the event. Winners of each division will be given additional instructions for the Championship Round.
Additional Information *
- Inquiries on pre-registration can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-registrations will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis:
- All teams must check in at the Ranch Dressing registration booth by 12:00 the day of competition – even if they are pre-registered! If you do not check in, your slot may be given to a waiting team!
- Starts times are approximate. This event runs from 1:00 – 2:00. Teams MUST BE at the arena/ registration area at least 15 minutes prior to their start time, but 30 minutes is recommended.
- Although not a factor for judging, Teams are encouraged to be creative in their team name as well as their attire!
Sign up will be held Saturday morning at Arena 1 (covered). The competition will be held in Arena 1 and the finals will be held Saturday night prior to the PRCA Rodeo Performance.
The appropriate waiver (Adult or Minor) is required. Waivers can be found on the Forms page.
Divisions: (circle one) Youth (12-18) Mixed/ Family (ages 12-18 with at least one member 19 or older) Civic Group/ Non Profit/ Church Group Open (Minimum of 12yrs of age) Business (over 18 yrs.)
Royalty (Minimum age 12)
Team Name: _______________________________________________________________________
Your Group or Organization: _________________________________________________________
Cell Phone Contact Number(s):________________________________________________________
Name Back Number Age (if 18 or under) Release Signed?